Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sam, from Belmont Class of 1970

From December 11th, Sam wrote:


I started going to Asian American dances when I was in high school right around 1969. I also went to Belmont High and went to the "Bell Hops" at Belmont. As early as Jr. high, I remember hearing Beaudry Expresst at dance at Nightengale Jr. Hi. I went to all the same schools you did...Castelar, Nightengale and Belmont. Graduated from Belmont in 1970.

Places and dances I remember the most are Surfrider Inn in Santa Monica, Roger Young Auditorium, and Parkview Women's Club in Crenshaw. later on, places like the Elk's Club, Blarney's Castle, and La Mirada Country Club came into play...Another place to go back in the day was Imperial Gardens in Hollywood...

Gung Hay restaurant in Gardena on Tuesday night was the place to be during the disco era...I still don't know how I was able to function on Wednesday mornings...

I went to dances almost every weekend ..Myself and two of my close buddies...we went to meet girls and just listen to the live music...good fun at the time.

Another band not mentioned yet is "New Trend"..they were great!!

I read all the entries and this has brought back many fond memories of the good old days...

Thanks for starting this blog.

No comments: