Monday, November 30, 2009

November 20th Emails

November 20th Email:
At UCLA, Chinese club had their dances up at the rec center near the pools.

November 20th Email:
OMG, I do remember those dances! But besides Gung Hay and other JA "clubs" in Crenshaw and Gardena areas, we also dance in Little Tokyo! I remember there was a place on the second or 3rd floor of that row of buildings on 1st Street above all the shops and restaurants but forgot the name. We also danced at Tokyo Kaikan??? Anyone remember those????

After having my memories jolted by Jenny Cho's Chinatown book, this request is really getting me thinking back!

We also went to some Asian dance clubs along Wilshire Blvd too.


November 20th Email:
Wow, it does bring back memories...definitely of Gung Ha, and Chrenshaw Square--was there something in there that we used to go to--oh, the bowling alley. Yes, there was something upstairs on 1st street :). Dances at UCLA; I remember bringing Hiroshima to the dorms for a dance although I don't remember who gave me their name--very vivid memory of them playing in the cafeteria and no could dance to their music but we sat there in awe cuz we had a "feeling" they would or could be destined for greatness :) ...of course Carry On, but there was another popular band, yes?

No comments: