Thursday, December 3, 2009

Update from Dane on Paul's Kitchen - Thanks Goes to Thomas Yee!

Hi Everyone, this is an email from Dane:

Wow, I didn't expect my emails to end up on this page. I would like to clarify a few things. I just don't like the way it sounds on the blog page. I met Thomas Yee (the owner of Paul's Kitchen) when I was 15 years old. He was the lead singer for the band "Beaudry Express" before I had joined their band. At that time (1970), Thomas was serving in the U.S. military and he would always come to see us play when he was on leave in LA. Now, concerning the Paul's Kitchen thing. One night (about 30 years later) after playing for a private party at Paul's Kitchen, I asked Thomas if I could put a band together to come play on Thursday nights. Thomas being the music lover that he is, gave me the open arm, go ahead to do whatever I like, musically. Well, we played there every Thursday night for just over 3 1/2 years which are 6 months longer than we were all in high school. I may have been the chief instigator but the credit goes to Thomas, all of the great musicians, and friends who showed up week after week that supported our effort to promote "live" music. I was lucky enough to have some of the best local musicians from our community come out and play their hearts out. We all made many new friends and reunited with many old friends. It was just great and I am very grateful to have had that opportunity. It was full circle, like playing at dances thru my high school years all over again. I sure miss it and will never forget all of the good times we had there. Thank you all for your contribution. Thanks Thomas for allowing us!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty,
Just read Dane's response about Paul's Kitchen. Yes Tom Yee is a great friend and helped Russell and I with various bands over the past 7 years. He is a very generous and kind person and we're lucky to call him a friend. We love Tom and miss Paul's Kitchen very much.
Liz and Russell Hoshizaki
Dynasty Band