Monday, November 30, 2009

November 21st Emails

November 21st Email:
Sure do remember the dances. It's where we spent most of our Saturday nights. Surfriders, Rodger Young, Orange County's Deer Park, Parkview.

November 21st Email:
Good luck on this project, believe it’s worthy. I talk about this time all the time with members of the Grateful Crane Ensemble; we just did our Nihonmachi show last Sunday at JAT. It’s all about JA history. As one of the elder members, I talk with wistfulness about those days, drunken guys fighting, girls in minis, the music and the fun, etc. Scott Nagatani, pianist, played at some, though he’s a tad younger. Our drummer is Danny Yamamoto of Hiroshima.

November 21st Email:
I received this e-mail about the 70's dances. I was probably considered a fixture at these dances since I used to go to all of them. My first dance was at Roger Youngs in 1969 and have attended dances until the early 80's at the Jockey Club. Back in 2004 before the return of Carry On, I made a compilation of music during these era and gave Kenny Ito copies, to validate these songs before he started the band back up and played at the Veteran's Hall in 2004.

Anyway, I enjoyed the music and dancing back in those days and picking up chicks as well. My music is based on the songs that were played at these venues. Roger Young, Elks Building, La Mirada, etc. I still have alot of memories of these venues and I use to drive a muscle car as well. Gardena was non for GM's and Crenshaw was known for Mopar and LA was known for GM and Fords. Let me know how I can contribute my memories.

I remebered most of the bands and songs, but didn't really know the members. I used to to the band members in the band Dynasty which they didn't last too long and Carry On played at my wedding in 1984 with Darrell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still maintaining this blog at all? I'm the bass player from the original Dynasty (there was another Dynasty later). The original Dynasty back in the early 70's including myself on bass, Danny Yamamoto on drums, Craig Lee on vocals, Lorie Kimura on vocals, Jim Kelso on trombone, Bob Rink on Hammond B3 organ, Philip Kawakami on guitar and there was another guitar player later on which I can't remember his name unfortunately. I was surprised to even be mentioned in a blog along with Carry On!